Three civilians killed, another six hurt in terror attack near Mariupol
A woman and a child faced injuries as a result of the severe shelling
As a result of shelling Sartana village, near Mariupol (Donetsk region), two people, a man and a young woman, were killed, and another six - four men, a woman and a child, were injured since the shells targeted their private houses, states press service of the Donetsk police. More than 50 houses and a gas pipeline are damaged. The shelling, which targeted Mariupol suburbs (Sartana and Lebedynskyi), is qualified as a terroristic act.
The situation over the past day in the Luhansk region remains highly strung. Stanytsia Luhanska, Trohizbenka, and Zolote faced militants’ attacks, what resulted into gas pipe damage. Currently, 1569 people suffer from gas supply interruption. Militants’ tanks hit residential areas of Zolote.
Donetsk outskirts face frequent attacks. Pisky, Marinka, Pervomaisk, Krasnohorivka, Opytne, Avdiivka, Berezove, Verhkniotoretske, Hranitne, Novohryhorivka are shelled with reactive systems volley fire, mortars, artillery, small arms and grenade launchers. The total amount of attacks, carried out for the last 24 hours is 145, states ATO press center.
All in all, Ukraine’s peace was seriously targeted during the weekend, only on Saturday Ukrainian ATO posts and residential areas faced 175 attacks, according to ATO press center. No Ukrainian soldiers were killed in the attacks, 8 were wounded. Fragile ceasefire, if it could be called so, is an the brick of collapse: militants carried out attacks against Stanytsia Luhanska, Shchastia, Novotoshkivske, Triohizbenka, Orihove, Zolote, Troitske, Nyzhnioteple, Artema, Krymske, Luhansk region. Situation in Donetsk direction remains the most tensed, particularly, in Horlivka, Maiorsk, Leninske, Dzerzhynske, Travneve, Zaitseve, Spartak, Novobakhmutivka, Vesele, Avdiivka, Opytne, Vodiane, Pisky, Yasynuvata, Novobakhmutivka, Marinka, Krasnohorivka, Solodke, Chemarluk, Pavlopil, Holmivske, Karlivka, Pervomaiske, Novomykhailivka, and Andriivka. Ukrainian posts and populated areas face active shelling with heavy artillery, what resulted in deaths of two men and injuries of another 9 civilians.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case