The situation near the Donetsk airport is rapidly worsening
During last 24 hours Ukrainian side has got 11 soldiers injured
"Situation in the Donetsk airport is escalating. Militants regularly try to fire off the Ukrainian troops from their posts near Pisky and Opynte. They also attacked Spartak and Avdiivka with artillery," stated ATO spokesman Oleksander Motuzianyk.
Motuzyanyk noted that the Luhansk direction per day was recorded only two attacks, there is a lull.
He also said that during last 24 hours Ukrainian side has got 11 soldiers injured.
As reported before, village Kodema, Donetsk region, was bombarded by the militants. One civilian died as a result of a direct bomb hit of his house.
During the last day militants shelled Ukrainian positions for 90 times, as previously informed by the ATO press center.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels