Ten civilian casualties in Donetsk region: one death and nine injuries
At least five Ukrainian soldiers were shot dead near Mariupol, another two wounded
The Donetsk region has been a particular focus of tensions during the last day. Four civilians faced injuries during shelling Donetsk city, according to the local media. Three citizens of Oleksandrivka village and one more civilian from Oktiabrske village are reported to have been wounded. A 69-year old civilian in Krasnohorivka, was injured as a result of armed militants’ attack, as informs the Donetsk regional police. The latest OSCE report states about a 56-year old female guard at the school in Horlivka, who died from shrapnel wounds.
"Unfortunately, last day has brought considerable losses among the soldiers," stated ATO press officer Yaroslav Chepurnyi. The press office of "Donbas" batallion states that five Ukrainian soldiers have been killed near Mariupol. Another two Ukrainian soldiers were wounded as a result of gunfire in Mariinka. The precise number of human casualties amoung Ukrainian troops will be announced later.
The most active armed clashes took place near Mariupol, Donetsk region. Militants fired Ukrainian forces near Starohnativka, Novoselivka, Chemarlyk, Prokhorivka, Bohdanivka, Orlovske, Lebedynske, and Zaitseve, using 120mm mortars, 152mm artillery, and multiple rocket launchers “Grad”. Troitske settlement, which is istuated between Donetsk and Luhansk regions, was attacked with tanks, as stated the ATO press center. The overall situation Donetsk city and nearby areas (Mariinka) remains tensed, as the militants use heavy weapons, prohibited by the Minsk agreements.
Truce between the two sides in the conflict was violated for 90 times.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case