Supreme Allied Commander Europe Philip Breedlove and President Poroshenko discussed current situation in Donbas
They talked about military cooperation and defense reform, states the presidents’ press office
Poroshenko informed Breedlove about the current situation in Donbas. He stressed that Ukraine follows to the Minsk agreements and insisted that all the parties should do the same.
The president also highlighted the effectiveness of joint military trainings, particularly on those held on Yavoriv ground, Lviv reion. Ukraine Poroshenko expressed his interest in cooperation in the defense sector, including enlargement of joint training programs in order to strengthen the Ukrainian army, and upgrade it in accordance to the highest standards.
"Our military cooperation is highly proficient. We also have good prospects for further military trainings cooperation," - said the president.
Breedlove welcomed the efficiency of US-Ukraine cooperation: "All the information I get, indicates that the training programs are really successful”. Supreme Allied Commander Europe also underlined the need to continue the defense reform. "It is really difficult to implement the reforms in terms of war. We strongly support you now and will support you in the future," he claimed.
Recently Philip Breedlove stated that the West should provide Ukraine with all possible backing, including the supply of defensive weapons. He also said that Moldova might be the next victim of Russian aggression.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case