Supreme Allied Commander Europe Philip Breedlove and President Poroshenko discussed current situation in Donbas
They talked about military cooperation and defense reform, states the presidents’ press office
Poroshenko informed Breedlove about the current situation in Donbas. He stressed that Ukraine follows to the Minsk agreements and insisted that all the parties should do the same.
The president also highlighted the effectiveness of joint military trainings, particularly on those held on Yavoriv ground, Lviv reion. Ukraine Poroshenko expressed his interest in cooperation in the defense sector, including enlargement of joint training programs in order to strengthen the Ukrainian army, and upgrade it in accordance to the highest standards.
"Our military cooperation is highly proficient. We also have good prospects for further military trainings cooperation," - said the president.
Breedlove welcomed the efficiency of US-Ukraine cooperation: "All the information I get, indicates that the training programs are really successful”. Supreme Allied Commander Europe also underlined the need to continue the defense reform. "It is really difficult to implement the reforms in terms of war. We strongly support you now and will support you in the future," he claimed.
Recently Philip Breedlove stated that the West should provide Ukraine with all possible backing, including the supply of defensive weapons. He also said that Moldova might be the next victim of Russian aggression.
Poroshenko signs law on budget financing of Crimean TV channel 2 December, 15:20
Poroshenko met with Ukrainian Diaspora in Warsaw 2 December, 17:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:23Donbas: Shelling in Mariupol direction
- SOCIETY22:44Fidel Castro’s ashes were buried in Cuba
- UKRAINE TOP 22:03Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier
- UKRAINE TOP 21:25House of People’s Deputy was attacked with rocket launcher in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 20:32Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs is in Canada while Kniazhychi shootout is being investigated
- SOCIETY20:01Mayor and two journalists killed in gunfire in Finland
- SOCIETY19:23Gunfires in Finland: Three people killed near Russian border
- UKRAINE TOP 18:49Lutsenko personally controls investigation of five officers’ death
- SOCIETY18:13Kniazhychi residents talk about robberies by men in police uniform, - media
- SOCIETY17:27Main Christmas tree of the country arrived in Kyiv
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine