Striking a blow at Donetsk and region caused fresh casualties
This day beats a "black record" since Minsk agreement was signed
ATO press center reported that fighting in Donbas is rapidly escalating. The hostility remains in Donetsk region, Svitlodarsk, Maiorsk, Zaitseve, Leninske, Kirove, Dzerzhynske, Opytne, Vodiane, Pisky, Avdiivka, Krasnohorivka, Marinka, Novobahmutivka, Dokuchaevsk, Komsomolske, Telmanove, Starohnativka, Hranitne, Verkhniotoretske, Novhorodske. The Ukrainian posts at Kostiantynivka – Donetsk and Horlivka-Krasnoarmiysk lines face frequent strafing. Activity by receiver and rocket artillery, tanks, mortars, and other heavy weapons steadily grows. Targeting residential areas results human casualties. Thus, one civilian was killed with a shell as a result of striking a blow at Donetsk city. Locals witnessed two more people wounded.
Luhansk region, Stanytsia Luhanska, Shchastia, Zolote, Troitske are also under attack of the Russian-backed militants.
One Ukrainian soldier died, other ten were injured during the fight.
Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksander Turchynov said that this day beats a “black record” since the Minsk agreement was signed, as more than 150 attacks were carried out.
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars