State Emergency Service and OSCE launched a joint project of landmines removal in Donbas
995 thousand EUR will allocated for purchasing modern equipment to clear the unexploded ordnance
As reported by the SES press service, the project will be implemented for one and a half years and during this time the German government will allocate about 995 thousand EUR for purchasing modern equipment to clear the unexploded ordnance.
Presentation of a joint project State Emergency Service of Ukraine and the OSCE "Assistance to the Government of Ukraine in removing explosive remnants of war", contributed by Germany, took place July 30.
"Mine clearance of Ukrainian territory is one of the key priorities of SES. Previously the pyrotechnic units of SES removed only remnants of long-passed wars, and today, working in the east of the state, they are dealing with modern ammunition, which requires new equipment to be removed,” stated head of SES Mykola Chechotkin.
In turn, Jeffrey Ehrlich, General Manager of OSCE projects in Ukraine, said that the cooperation between the OSCE and SES lasts for almost 10 years, since 2006.
"During this time we have already passed different kind of equipment for demining operations, including removal of mines from the water and land as well. That is why this current project is a continuous process of a fruitful and productive cooperation, " said Jeffrey Ehrlich.
Wolfgang Bindseil, representing the German Embassy in Kyiv, stressed Germany’s steady support for Ukraine. He pointed out that this latest commitment was part of a larger German assistance effort to improve safety of the civilian population in Ukraine. “Safety allows development; development enhances stability and stability leads to security,” he said.
Representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, OSCE, and German Embassy in Kyiv also attended the event.
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case