Stanytsia Luhanska: one soldier died, one civilian injured
Tonight Stanytsia Luhanska, Luhansk region, was shelled by militants with rocket-propelled grenades, mortars and heavy machine guns, states press office of Luhansk administration
“As a result of fire from an anti-tank rocket launcher RPG-26 a Ukrainian soldier of 128 Brigade died. Also one local civilian was wounded in his own yard as a result of shelling with automatic grenade launcher,” as said in the statement.
The newly appointed head of the Luhansk administration Heorhiy Tuka commented: “Despite new talks in Minsk, the shelling has steepened up; it means that the militants are not interested in peaceful resolution of the conflict. Following the guidelines of the "big brother", they continue to destroy the infrastructure of Luhansk region”.
He also said that since yesterday a wired radio recovered its work in Stanytsia Luhanska. “And today Ukrainian anthem will be heard here again!” said Tuka.
One more civilian was wounded as a result of firing Dzerzhinsk, Donetsk region, as stated the Donetsk administration.
According to the latest information by Andriy Lysenko, ATO spokesman, one Ukrainian soldier died, three more are wounded.
According to specified data by ATO spokesman, July 22 in Avdiivka, Donetsk region, two officers of special forces (Ministry of Internal Affairs ) were killed. July 22 militants intensively attacked Avdiivka.
At night in the ATO area 8 hostile unmanned aerial vehicles were observed, one of them was shot down. Andriy Lysenko stated “Our defense forces are successfully working. Near Stepove, Volnovakha raion, Donetsk region one hostile drone, which took photos of Ukrainian Armed Forces moving, was shot down.
ATO press center assumes that the situation in Donbas remains stably tense, militants committed 78 attacks against Ukrainian Armed Forces.
As was reported before, a massive desertions in militants’ ranks near Marinka, Donetsk region, takes place. Militants try to recruiting local residents instead.
Donbas: 44 attacks in Mariupol sector 19 October, 08:31
Donbas: 82 mm mines hit Avdiivka, Novoolexandrivka 30 September, 08:30
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Landmine kills Ukrainian serviceman in Luhansk region 17 October, 10:44
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars