Six residents left in government-controlled Pisky, Donetsk region
Last week 14 people were evacuated from the village
"In Pisky (government-controlled, 12km north-west of Donetsk), the Special Monintoring Mission spoke with an elderly couple and an elderly woman who said that, following the evacuation of 14 residents from Pisky in the past week, only six persons, all elderly, remained in the village. They have received pensions for July and their main means of subsistence is humanitarian aid," as stated in the last OSCE report.
Before the hostilities took place in Donbas, the population of the settlement amounted to 2160 people.
July 21, 2014 anti-terrorist operation forces blocked the supply of weapons to militants in Luhansk and took under controll the Donetsk suburbs, Pisky.
November 5, 2014 an armed clash between Ukrainian troops and Russian-backed militants took place near Pisky. Fierce fighting continued until early January. At the beginning of 2015 year 130 residents reported to stay in the village.
ATO press center states that Pisky is one of the hottest spots in Donetsk direction; the fightings take place almost constantly here.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case