Savchenko asks the UN Secretary General for help
Ukrainian MP and pilot Nadia Savchenko wrote a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
Ukrainian MP and pilot Nadia Savchenko, imprisoned in Russia, wrote a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, published on Twitter by one of the lawyers Ukrainian pilots Mark Feigin.
I request you to intervene with the Russian authorities with persistent request to ensure appropriate legal proceedings, including the transfer of proceedings to the Moscow court.
Savchenko stressed that Russia ignores her immunity as a member of the Permanent Delegation of Ukraine to PACE.
“My lawyers constantly receive intimidations from supporters LPR and DPR, - she said. - My sister Vira and mother Maria, who wish to attend the trial, will probably be in immediate danger to their lives."
"In addition, according to Russian law, foreign citizens are not allowed to cross the frontier,” as wrote the pilot, it concerns her relatives, and members of PACE and European Parliament if they want to attend the trial.
As was reported before, Nadia Savchenko is kept in Moscow jail and is charged of being involved in the death two Russian journalists in Donbas. Savchenko was elected PACE delegate from Ukraine, but Russian court does not release it to the Assembly. She announced a hunger strike December 15, 2014, but in March, her health was very poor and she had to stop the strike.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case