Renewed heavy arms fighting killed at least one civilian in Prokhorivka
Three Ukrainian soldiers are wounded
For last few days there had been a lull in a fighting; the militants have significantly reduced the intensity of shelling and the heavy arms shelling was not so frequent, stated ATO press center. But for the last 24 hours the situation became tensed again.
The ATO spokesperson Yaroslav Chepurnyi stated that shelling of residential areas of Prokhorivka village, Donetsk region, lasted for an hour. As a result of it, one civilian was killed. The exact number of other casualties is not known yet. He also said that local buildings are damaged here too.
The situation in Donetsk region is the most threatening: from the 67 attacks carried out by the militants during the last day, 51 ceasefire violation cases took place in Donetsk region. Troitske, Novobakhmutivka, Avdiivka, Krasnohorivka, Starohnativka, Bohdanivka, Lebedynske, Rozivka, Druzhba, Pisky, faced 120mm mortars, grenade launchers, artillery, 152mm artillery attacks. Three Ukrainian soldiers were injured.
OSCE Special Monitoring Mission has registered only 20 people inhabiting Pisky, Donetsk region. In January this year there were some 130 people here. and before the hostilities began in Donbas, the population of Pisky amounted to 2160.
United States Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter stated that Russia acts like an antagonist now, Voice of America.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars