Record 127 attacks against ATO forces for the last day
It is the highest number since the end of the battle for Debaltseve
Russian-backed militants carried out a record number of shelling, amounted to 127 times for the last 24 hours. As states ATO spokesman Andriy Lysenko, last time this kind of intensity was observed during battle of Debaltseve; heavy fighting went on until 18 February 2015, when Ukrainian forces were forced to withdraw.
"Every third militants’ attack involves heavy weapons," said the ATO spokesperson.
On this regard, Ukrainian military leaders (Supreme Commander, Secretary of the National Security Council, Minister of Defense, General Staff of the Armed Forces) in framework of the working meeting promptly reacted to the threat. A joined decision concluded to repel the militants’ attacks with artillery. OSCE is already informed about this decision.
Lysenko stated that the Donetsk region territory between Volnovakha, Komsomolske and Telmanove towns faced the onset of 400 militants on tanks and infantry fighting vehicles. Militants suffered significant losses in manpower and equipment; they were driven back to 2-3 km. Currently, residential areas of Horlivka, Mariupol (Donetsk region) are hit by shelling. On the night of August 9-10, about 200 militants using tanks stormed Novolaspa village in the Donetsk region. Ukrainian troops managed to resist the attack.
According to the information by Secretary of National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov, Ukrainian army lost one soldier and another 16 got injured.
Chief of Medical Service of Pravyi Sektor Yana Zinkevuch stated on her Facebook page, that seven soldiers from Pravyi Sektor were killed and another 11 wounded as a result of an armed clash near Bila Kamianka, Donetsk region.
As reported before, last time militants routinely fire populated places with multiple rocket launchers “Grad”. Yesterday a shell hit the house, as a result, two boys aged 3 and 6 years got major injuries, states the press service of Ministry of Internal Affairs in Donetsk region.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars