Three-hour severe clash between ATO forces and militants near Avdiivka and Shchastia
3-hours battle between militants’ squad of 100 people and Ukrainian soldiers near Avdiivka (Donetsk region) and Shchastia (Luhansk region) - ATO press center
The ATO press service reported on 80 cases of breaches of a ceasefire by the Russian-backed militants.
Militants’ squad of 100 people actively attacked Ukrainian soldiers near Avdiivka (Donetsk region) and Shchastia (Luhansk region), which made the fire back. The battle lasted for 3 hours, according to the ATO press center. No human casualties of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
“The past 24 hours has been marked by a brazen, but, as usual, vain bustle of the militants,” as said in the statement.
Militants used weapons banned by the peace accord as they shelled Ukrainian troops near Krasnohorivka, Avdiivka, Pershe Travnia, Maiorsk, Mykolaivka, Marinka, Donetsk region, and in Luhansk region near Stepne, Novozvanivka, Popasna, and Troitske.
Ukraine soldiers faced attacks 120 and 82-mm mortars and tank, and were forced to fire back near Avdiivka (Donetsk region) and Shchastia (Luhansk region).
Yesterday militants used "Grad" multiple rocket launchers to attack Ukrainian soldiers and populated areas of Donetsk
Mortar, artillery and tank shelling of Ukrainian positions took place near Stanytsia Luhanska and Shchastia, Luhansk region.
As a result of hostile attacks against Shchastia, the local thermal power plant has partially stopped its work. Kriakivka, Krymske were hot spots of this region.
In Donetsk region the onslaught took place near Svitlodarsk, Horlivka, Mykolaivka, Avdiivka, Marinka, Starohnativka, Chemarlyk, Telmanove, Volnovakha. Also Maiorsk, Travneve, Luhanske, Pisky, Opytne, Chermaluk, Kurdiumivka are targeted.
Militants used 152mm and 122mm guns, 122mm artillery, mortars, multiple rocket launchers “Grad”, and tanks.
The armed posts as well as the populated settlements face the aggression of the militants. Militants shelled the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Shyrokyne, Donetsk region, one observer is wounded.
One Ukrainian soldier died and another 12 are wounded, reported ATO center.
17,000 injured during 15 months of armed conflict in Ukraine
Nearly seven thousand people were killed and more than 17,000 injured during 15 months of armed conflict in Ukraine, as announced by stated by Cécile Pouilly, spokesperson for the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
"Since mid-April 2014 to July 27, 2015, at least 6832 people (civilian and military) were killed, and at least 17,087 people were injured in the conflict zone in the east of Ukraine," said Cécile Pouilly.
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars