Plan for Ukraine is financed only for 39% - Ban Ki-moon
United Nations do not have enough funds for peace initiatives
UN Plan for Ukraine is financed only for 39%, said Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of the organization, while opening 70th session of the General Assembly.
He noted that the organization does not have enough money to save a sufficient number of human lives.
"We lack money for saving a sufficient number of human lives, we have only half of need to help the people of Iraq, Southern Sudan, and Yemen, and only a third for Syria. Our response plan for Ukraine is funded for 39%. And our appeal concerning Gambia, where one fourth of children suffer from stunting, met no response", said the UN Secretary General.
He noted once again that the armed conflict in Ukraine and many others in the world should be resolved peacefully.
UN had previously stated about the development of a special plan for development of Ukraine for the next 15 years. According to UN reports, 8 thousand people were killed in the armed conflict in Donbas.
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain