Over 200 hectares of forest are damaged as a result of stable attacks with massive artillery in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions
Constant shelling cased wildfires which damaged over 200 hectares of forests in Donbas
"Continual shelling caused numerous fires. The total area of forest damaged by fire is more than 200 hectares, " said head of the State Agency of forest resources Oleksandr Kovalchuk during the briefing, said Unian.
"Continual shelling caused numerous fires. The total area of forest damaged by fire is more than 200 hectares, " said head of the State Agency of forest resources Oleksandr Kovalchuk during the briefing.
According to him, State forest service is unable to localize the fires because the territories are mined.
As was State Agency of forest stated before, since the beginning of 2015 observed 3 times more forest fires than in the same period last year. Ukraine needs near $12 mln to refurbish the fire-fighting equipment, while only $2,5 mln are available.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case