Only two people left in northern village of Donetsk region
14 buildings are damaged here as a result of armed clashes
Almost all the residents of Shumy, Dzerzhynsk district, have left their native areas since the armed clashes between governmental forces and Russian-backed militants started in Donbas. As states the office of Donetsk regional police, only two persons are left here, while the population before the Donbas crisis amounted to 36 people.
During this period four people were wounded – one woman and three men. A significant part of the village is damaged here – eight buildings were totally smashed by the militants’ fire, and another six are damaged. As for the northern part of Donetsk region, the total amount of the people killed is 53.
This village lies 5 km from Dzerzhynsk.
As was reported before, Ukraine’s natural population growth declined by 13.7 thousand people for the last month, according to the State Statistics Committee. July 1, the population of Ukraine amounted to 42.832 mln people. For the last month 32 thousand people were born in Ukraine and more than 35 thousand people died.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars