OSCE met Ukrainian authorities to talk on the most burning issues of Donbas
30 July OSCE and over 170 representatives of central and local authorities met in Krasnoarmiysk, Donetsk region
The discussions were held within the Western Donbas Forum “Reconstruction through Dialogue”, organized by the OSCE Project Co-ordinator on request from Donetsk administration, stated OSCE media center.
The participants focused on improvement of economic conditions and tackled urgent environmental challenges, response to humanitarian problems, including needs of internally displaced persons and regime of crossing the conflict contact line, reviewed prospects of local elections and future decentralization reform.
“We do not expect the quick solutions to all of the problems identified. However we do hope that officials, activists and experts will use this opportunity to earmark possible action plans that can bring a positive change,” said Ambassador Vaidotas Verba, the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine. “The dialogue should continue as joint efforts with civil society at all levels are crucial to further stability in the region.”
As an outcome of this dialogue event, the OSCE Project Co-ordinator will prepare and distribute among participants and governmental authorities a report, summarising the discussions, views expressed and agreements reached. This activity is part of National Dialogue Project, implemented by the OSCE Project Co-ordinator with financial support from governments of Italy and Norway.
As reported few days ago, Russian-backed militants shelled the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Shyrokyne, Donetsk region, one observer is wounded.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain