Nothing sacred: DPR militants to demolish monuments to Holodomor
They call it an act of historical justice
August 16, so-called “MPs” of Donetsk People’s Republic released a decree on “cleaning up” the monuments to the victims of Holodomor and political repression, Day. The proposal arose from the fact that the monument had been established without approval of the territorial community. And DPR needs to demolish the monument to Holodomor and political repressions in order to establish historical justice, as stated on of the “MPs” Valeriy Skorokhodov.
"We also offer to take additional measures to dismantle monuments and memorials to the victims of political repressions and Holodomor in Snizhne," he said.
Other self-proclaimed members of DPR unanimously adopted this idea.This political iconoclasm on the territories seized by Russian-backed militants means plundering Ukrainian national tragedy, and what they call “historical justice” looks like “historical amnesia”. Holodomor, a great famine caused by Soviet authorities, took from 2.4 to 7.5 lives; Russia denies all these facts.
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Tuka: ‘Motorola’’s death might lead to clean-ups inside ‘DPR’ 17 October, 10:00
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
Militants’ commander Motorola killed in occupied Donetsk 16 October, 22:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels