Militants shelled a hospital in Mariinka, Donetsk region - OSCE
Areas near Donetsk are significantly damaged by fierce shelling
OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) informed on attacks carried out against a hospital in populated areas of Mariinka, Donetsk region. "In the vicinity of Mariinka the SMM was told by two Ukrainian Armed Forces officer present that shelling had taken place during the previous night. The SMM visited two sites in the town, where it observed that a projectile had penetrated through the concrete roof of the hospital, exploded its wall and broken its windows. The SMM analysed six fresh craters and assessed them to have been caused by 122mm calibre artillery originating from the south or the south-east," according to the OSCE report.
On the eve of Minsk talks militans target ATO fores and civilian areas with heavy weapons. "Opytne, Avdiivka, Pisky, near Donetsk, face the most significant damages. Militants constantly fire these areas, so these settlements are ruined," stated ATO spokesperson Anatoliy Stelmakh. Militants used 120mm mortars, 122mm and 152mm artillery, grenade launchers, and heavy machine guns.
During the last 24 hours the truce was breached for 92 times, states ATO press center, naming the hotspots of the conflict: Krasnohorivka, Starohnativka, Novoselivka, Pisky, Avdiivka, Mariinka, Opytne, Donetsk region.
Troitske and Stanytsia Luhanska in Luhansk region also came under fierce shelling.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case