Militants keep shelling Donbas on the very day of Minsk talks
One Ukrainian soldier died, another one was injured
The hotspot of Luhansk region is Stanytsia Luhanska, which faced shelling; as for the other Luhansk region settlements along the boundary line, the ceasefire is not violated here.
Tensed situation takes place in the Donetsk region. Militants’ intense shelling targets Dokuchaevsk, Novotroickoe, Starohnativka, and Hranitne. Svitlodarsk, Dzerzhynsk, Avdiivka, Krasnohorivka, and Marinka faced severe fire, as states National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine.
Four western districts of Donetsk are “filled” with militants’ heavy military hardware.
ATO spokesman also stated that “ATO forefront posts do not have weapons which projectiles could reach Donetsk. We take into account the shortest distance between the places of explosions and our position, and it is about 8 km. Since we are armed with mortars only 84 mm, they are not able to reach even half the distance, as 3,81 km is the maximum distance which our mortars can target”.
Militants attack Shyrokyne, near Mariupol, Donetsk region. Despite on July 1 the militants announced Shyrokyne to be a demilitarized zone and left the settlement. According to the OSCE, there are no any civilians in Shyrokyne.
During the battles one Ukrainian soldier died, another one was injured, according to the ATO spokesman.
“Provocative shelling of populated settlements is used for intimidating the local people and discrediting the Ukrainian forces. However, civilians know that the attacks on populated places of Donbas are made by the militants,” says the ATO press center.
Also 12 hostile drones witnessed in were observed in the sky of Donbas area.
As was reported before, today Minsk will host a regular meeting of the Trilateral contact group scheduled for 4 PM. Darka Olifer, page press secretary Leonid Kuchma, states on her Facebook page that OSCE chairperson Ivica Dachych will join the meeting.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas