Militants attack residential areas and Ukrainian posts with tanks, mortars, and grenade launchers
Minsk talks did not end with sides’ agreement on the withdrawal of heavy weapons
The ceasefire in Donbas area was violated for 81 times, as states ATO press center.
Donets region, which is targeted by the militants most frequently, Opytne, Avdiivka, Verkhniotoretske, Vodiane, faced active shellings. The ATO press center states that not only Ukrainian Armed Forces face the attacks, but residential areas as well. 120mm mortars, 122mm and 152mm artillery, tanks, small arms and grenade launchers are actively used by the militants. These weapons are not allowed to be used, according to the previous terms of Minsk talks.
The aerial hostile reconnaissance was observed in Luhansk region, particularly, 8 militants’ drones violated Ukrainian airspace.
August 4 Minsk negotiations of Contact group on resolving the situation in Donbas took place. The sides had not reached an agreement on the withdrawal of heavy weapons with 100mm caliber.
As reported by Yuriy Tandit, advisor to the head of the Security Service of Ukraine, in Russia, Rostov region, a so-called “12th Command” was established to choose the appropriate staff to be send to fight against Ukrainian forces.
During the day 5 border guards and one more soldier were wounded in the area ATO area, according to the press service of the State Border Service of Ukraine.
“The militants have once again attacked "Marinka" checkpoint. At first, at 2:00 AM they fired with mortars. Totally, more than 100 mines erupted in this area. Also, militants used the ACS, small arms and anti-aircraft guns,” stated in the report.
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case