Militants are actively moving in Donetsk direction
The constant movements of militants’ groups are observed in Donetsk direction
"In fact, we observe constant movements. The militants are regrouping; it is a kind of rotation. At the moment, they move their military vehicles to Donetsk. A lot of fighting vehicles move from Mariupol, thus, the most active actions take place near Donetsk,” states Deputy Chief of the Defense Staff in Mariupol Roman Sokolov.
During the last four days militants have stepped up their attacks not only against anti-terroristic forces, but against populated areas as well.
About 80 times Ukrainian posts were attacked by Russian-backed militants, as stated by ATO press-center.
In Donetsk region, Novhorodske, Vodiane, Shyrokyne, Marinka, Pisky, Opytne, Krasnohorivka, Avdiivka, , Maiorsk, Lozove, Berezove faced shelling. Militants launched attacks against Stanytsia Luhanska, Staryi Aidar, and Zolote in Luhansk region.
They used small arms, grenade launchers, 120mm and 82 mm mortars, tanks, 122-mm artillery, and infantry fighting vehicles.
The number of victims is not reported yet.
Yesterday Trilateral Contact Group approved the text of the agreement on the withdrawal of tanks and guns up to 100 mm, said OSCE chairperson Ivica Dachych. He explained the document would prescribe the verification of weapons removal. Dachych said that he hopes that the final resolution on this matter will appear until this autumn.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas