Lysychansk celebrates anniversary of liberation from Russian-backed militants
July 24 2014 the Ukrainian flag was hoisted above the Lysychansk city council
To memorize civilians, who were killed while trying to escape from the besieged city by swimming, the veterans will lower a funeral wreath into the waters of the local river Siversky Donets.
Among the festive events are rally in the main streets. Commemorative plaque of liberation has appeared on the building Lysychansk city council, it will be ceremoniously unveiled today.
During the 2014 conflict in eastern Ukraine Lysychansk was captured early April 2014 by Russian-backed militants.
On 22 July 2014 it was reported that tey massively leave Lysychansk with seized cars from the population and in parking lots. The next day heavy fighting continued around the town. The battles for Lysychansk release lasted for two days, and the town was free from militants thanks to "Donbass" battalion and the 24th Mechanized Brigade.
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain