Luhansk residential areas suffer from a power blackout caused by militants’ bombardment
Militants shelled Luhansk thermal power plant, which supplies power to the northern part of the region
North of Luhansk region suffers from power outage, which occurred after the militants shelled Luhansk thermal power plant near Shchastia, states Anton Kovalyshyn, spokesman of the Donetsk energy holding company (DTEK). Luhansk TPP supplies Lusuchansk and Severodonetsk with electricity.
In Luhansk region, Stanytsia Luhanska, Shchastia also faced the attacks.
Hotspots of Donetsk region are Pisky, Novomykhailivka, Avdiivka, Opytne, Kurdiumivka, Leninske, Maiorsk.
60% of all the attacks in the ATO area target the Donetsk region.
All in all, the ATO press center supposes that the Russian-backed militants have slightly reduced the number of shelling positions of Ukrainian troops. However, following his insidious tactics, they more actively use the weapons prohibited by the Minsk agreements at nighttime.
Thus, 65 cases of ceasefire violation were observed in the Donbas conflict area during the last day. Mortars, small arms, grenade launchers, tanks, and some other heavy weapons were used to fire Ukrainian soldiers and residential areas.
As was reported yesterday, Minsk talks did not end with sides’ agreement on the withdrawal of heavy weapons (100mm caliber).
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars