From midnight to 6 am a record number of violations of the Minsk agreements were observed, according to ATO headquarters
Russian-backed militants used 152mm artillery, multiple rocket launchers “Grad”, 122mm howitzers, 120mm mortars
During armed skirmishes the Russian-backed militants used 152mm artillery, multiple rocket launchers “Grad”, 122mm howitzers, 120mm mortars, to attack the Ukrainian Security Forces near Svitlodarsk, Vodiane, Maiorsk, Opytne, Krasnohorivka, Pervomaiske, Starohnativka, Mykolaivka, Hranitne, Pisky, Donetsk region, and some settlements of Luhansk region (Shchastia, Stanytsia Luhanska).
According to the last information by ATO headquarters, Avdiivka, Donetsk region faced the severe outbreak – 120 attacks by the militants. Five fires occurred as a result of the intensive gunfire, part of the town suffers from the blackout, communication wires, local coke plant, water utility service, wagons on the railway station and some other facilities. As reported before, one civilian was injured in Adviivka.
For the past day, July 26, militants have carried out 86 attacks against the positions of the ATO forces and peopled settlements.
During the last three days most of the attacks were observed in Donetsk region. Militants opened fire on positions of Ukrainian forces in 13 towns: Pisky, Krasnohorivka, Luhanske, Berezove, Lozovoe, Staroihnativka, Verhnotoretske, Bogdanivka, Horlivka, Svitlodarsk, Marinka, Avdiivka, Novhorodske.
Militants hit a residential area in Novhorodske, flattening some of the buildings to the ground.
Near Berezove, along the Donetsk - Mariupol strategic highway, Ukrainian positions came under artillery fire.
The most frequent shelling erupted near the Donetsk airport and near Marinka, where militants used 122mm artillery, mortars, rocket launchers, tanks and small arms. As reported by the ATO headquarters, the non-stop rigorous gunfire took place at territories from Avdiivka to Marinka.
In Lugansk region active flare-up in tensions occurred near Stanytsia Luhanska, Kriakivka, Popasna, Leninske. Militants opened fire on Shchastia, Zolote, near Bahmut track (Triohizbenka, Nyzhnie).
Stanytsia Luhanska faced the most powerful militants’ attacks, who used grenades and machine guns. One Ukrainian soldier died, a local resident was wounded. Gas pipelines were damages and 1,600 people were left without gas as a result of the deadly strike.
Ukraine’s army general: Two versions of Motorola’s murder 17 October, 09:15
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars