Four Ukrainian soldiers wounded as a result of chaotic fire in Donbas
Ukrainian posts near Mariinka, Maiorsk, Luhanske, and Novotroitske, Donetsk region, faced shelling
ATO press center informs that the last day in the ATO area was not peaceful. During the day the overall situation along the boundary line has been relatively calm, but in the night-time, the militants used their typical tactic of fire activity intensification. They kept an hour-long shelling against Mariinka, Donetsk region. Militants used grenade launchers and heavy machine guns. As a result of the attack, four Ukrainian soldiers got injured.
Ukrainian positions near Novotroitske, Donetsk region, faced mortar fire. Maiorsk and Luhanske, Donetsk region, were shelled with small arms and heavy machine guns. In total, militants violated the ceasefire for three times during the last 24 hours.
Chaotic armed provocations, which come from the militants’ side, apparently, are performed by the uncontrolled groups, states ATO spokesman Anatoliy Stelmakh. “According to the information by our intelligence, these armed provocations, first of all, are carried out by uncontrolled groups of militants. They fire our position and in such a way they try to make Ukrainian Armed Forces fire in response, intending to make accusation of disrupting the peace agreements,” he said.
The militants “clean” their rows from the Russian mercenaries, states ATO press center. “September 20, heads of the self-proclaimed Ministry of State Security of Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics issued an order to conduct a filtration operation. Pseudo-police clear the illegal armed groups of Russians who are not members of the regular armed forces of the Russian Federation, but fight for money and not directly subordinate to the Kremlin,” according to the statement.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas