Donbas conflict took lives of 8050 people - UN
Since April 2014 1.5 mln Ukrainians became IDPs
UN Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights Ivan Šimonović stated that the official number of the people, who died as a result of the conflict in eastern Ukraine, reached 8050, Ria.ru.
“These figures include casualties among the armed forces, civilians, members of armed groups; and these estimations of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights are approximate. We believe that the real figure is much higher, and we are constantly working to fill gaps in our records about victims,” said Šimonović. According to UN Assistant Secretary-General, 1.5 mln Ukrainians became IDPs.
In the beginning of September UN also released the data of the number of wounded during the Donbas conflict. The official number is 18 thousand people.
As for the last day, Ukrainian Armed Forces sufferen no losses, as states ATO spokesman Anatoliy Matuzianyk. Two civilians in Donetsk region got injured as a result of an explosive device detonation. A small number of ceasefire violations were witneessed in the ATO area, where the security situation was otherwise relatively calm. Five truce violations were observed though.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars