Militants actively use heavy weapons, large artillery and tanks
More than 80% of attacks all over ATO zone are observed in Donetsk areas
“Donetsk direction remains the most difficult hotspot, as more than 80% of the cases of ceasefire violations are taking place here,” according to the ATO spokesman Andriy Lysenko during the briefing.
Four areas of highest tension remain Svitlodarsk agglomeration north of Gorlivka, Novhorodske, west of Donetsk. Militants actively use heavy weapons, large artillery and tanks.
“Due to the intensification of the attacks, which amounted to 100 times per last day, we lost eight Ukrainian soldiers and another 16 injured,” said Lysenko.
Donetsk considered strategically important area what explains the fact that 80% of all attacks happen to Donetsk. Mariupol also has high strategic value; it is expected that the militants might seize the city and Russian troops would be able to enter occupied Crimea. A part of the front in the Luhansk region is also significant. As repeatedly stated, there is a possibility of the formation of the next militants’ "pot" near Trohizbenky, Stanytsia Luhanska.
The crossfire touched Adviivka, Opytne, Vodiane, Pisky, Novhorodske, Luhanske (Donetsk direction). Militants used 152 and 122-mm guns, 120 mm mortars, multiple rocket launchers, and tanks.
In Lugansk area Russian-backed forces were shelling Ukrainian troops near Stanytsia Luhanska, Novotoshkivske, Krymske, Trohizbenka. Ukrainian posts near Talakivka and Mykolaivka (Mariupol direction) were shot with small arms.
This early morning there were assaults of Avdiivka, Opytne, Starohnativka (Donetsk region) with 122-mm howitzers and 120 mm mortars. Around midnight, Ukrainian soldiers rebuffed sabotage and intelligence group of militants near Opytne.
Militants also fired the posts in Marinka, Zolote, and Maiorske, according to the State Border Service of Ukraine. “They used the ACS, machine guns and sniper rifles. In response, in order to prevent attacks on military positions and suppress hostile fire the border guards opened fire," as stated by the Border Service.
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case