Ukraine troops repel attack by Russian-backed militants near government-held village
Militant forces continue to violate Minsk peace agreement
A group of pro-Kremlin saboteurs failed to stage an offensive against Ukrainian forces near Opytne, a small town, not far from the ruins of Donetsk airport. They used grenade launchers, anti-aircraft guns and 82 mm mortars. The militants retreated following a gun battle, according to Ukrainian military (Anti-Terrorist Operation centre).
In general, 36 attacks took place over the last 24 hours in war-torn eastern Ukraine. From the outskirts of Donetsk, militants opened fire from small arms, RPGs, mortars, aiming at Ukrainian positions near Avdiivka, Krasnohorivka and Maryinka. Moreover, near Avdiivka, they fired from tanks, 122 mm artillery systems and 120 mm mortars. Emplacements near Novotroitske, Taramchuk and Hranitne (all near strategically important port Mariupol, Donetsk region) were under fire from mortars of various calibers.
Ukrainian outposts near Zaitsevo, Donetsk region, were shelled from automatic grenade launchers and 82 mm mortars.
Schastya in Luhansk region was shelled from automatic grenade launchers and heavy machineguns.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain