Demonstrations against OSCE Special Monitoring Mission held in Donetsk and Luhansk
OSCE vehicles in Donetsk were under attack
About 200 people joined the protest outside the headquarters of the work against the Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) in Luhansk, August 9. It was stated by Alexander Hug, Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE SMM to Ukraine in his interview with Hromadske.
“Currently, we are not going to reduce the number of our observers, however, organized protests and violence against us and our property still take place. I would like to draw your attention to the protest in Lugansk, where about 200 people gathered. This protest was similar to another one, which I have seen this Thursday [August 6] in Donetsk,” said Hug.
He was quick to say that both demonstrations were substantially organized. The observers tried to talk with the protesters, but in both cases, the activists refused to communicate.
Spot Report by the OSCE highlights that August 9, four OSCE armoured vehicles parked outside the residence of SMM monitors in Donetsk city were on fire. "At 02:33hrs, the SMM heard four loud bursts, most probably as a result of tires of the armoured vehicles exploding. By 03:22hrs, the firefighters managed to extinguish the fire. The SMM noted that three of its vehicles were completely destroyed, one vehicle heavily damaged and three other vehicles partially damaged by the heat from the fire. SMM monitors were not injured and no damage to other OSCE vehicles was observed," according to the report.
July 23 the first protest against the OSCE SMM took place in Donetsk, 30 vehicles were painted.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case