DPR militants threatened to kill OSCE observers near Bezimenne
Aggressive reaction to OSCE presence sometimes is well-planned - Alexander Hug
Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine Alexander Hug during the briefing stated about new facts of minacious conversation with Russian-backed militants. He said that “DPR militants in Bezimenne (Donetsk region) threatened to kill our observers if they dare to come to this checkpoint once more”. He claimed that these aggressive actions sometimes are sporadic, and sometimes are well-organized. For example, August 11 few people in uniform, who seemed to be under the influence of psychoactive substances, threatened the OSCE SMM members.
As was reported yesterday, in “DPR”-controlled Panteleimonivka (26km north-east of Donetsk), the SMM – acting on “DPR”- supplied information about an alleged shelling incident in the village and intending to carry out crater analysis – was met on arrival by approximately 50 aggressive people – of mixed age and gender – screaming and blaming the SMM, threatened to harm the SMM monitors while some others filmed the confrontation.
NATO on Wednesday warned pro-Russian militants against grabbing more land in eastern Ukraine and stressed Moscow has a "special responsibility" to help restore peace as fighting escalates.
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case