Blackout, caused by Russian-backed militants, embraced most of the Luhansk region
This morning, July 28, the Luhansk thermal power station was severely fired with mortars, states Luhansk administration
One of two power blocks is out of charge. Most of Luhansk region faced the blackout. Engineers try to launch an additional power block, apparently not successful though.
As was reported yesterday, Avdiivka coke plant and Vuhlehirsk thermal power station were rigorously shelled and went out of charge.
Ukraine strongly condemns damages of the infrastructure of Donbas, caused by the militants.
The Foreign Ministry states that the real victims of these attacks are Ukraine civilians, including citizens living in the occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. "The civilians suffer from the interruption in electricity, water, or gas supply. These crimes show militants’ blatant Minsk agreement disregard," said in a statement.
According to the latest information by Luhansk administration, the power block has been already restored and the electricity went on again.
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas