99 attacks against Ukrainian posts and populated places
Russian-backed militants continue to concentrate their fire activity in Donetsk areas
“Before the beginning of the Trilateral Group meeting in Minsk militants go on intense fire provocations in eastern Ukraine, - states the ATO press center. - An average of five shots takes place every two minutes”. The ceasefire was violated for 99 times during the last day.
Donetsk region areas, Pisky, Avdiivka, Opytne, Starohnativka, Bohdanivka, Hranitne, Luhanske, witnessed militants’ shelling as militants breached the long-awaited break. Ukrainian posts along the Mariupol direction also faced the attacks.
120mm mortars, 122mm artillery, grenade launchers, small arms tanks, were used by the militants.
The Minsk talks are scheduled on August 3, as was previously reported.
On Sunday about 400 people gathered in Mariupol claiming against establishing a 30-kilometer buffer zone, because they believe that this will threaten the safety of the city.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels