9 Ukrainians released from militants' captivity
In turn, Ukraine released 11 detained militants as it was agreed at the Minsk Trilateral Contact Group meeting October 27
From militants' captivity nine Ukrainian soldiers were released, the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko told via Facebook.
"Friends, good news - 9 Ukrainian Heroes today released from captivity. Glory to Ukraine!" he said
At the same time, militants reported that four out of nine released hostages are Ukrainian soldiers. In addition, it was also reported that Ukraine liberated as agreed, 11 people, seven of whom are militants from the Luhansk region, and four - from Donetsk.
Reportedly, in militants’ captivity still remain about 139 Ukrainians and 788 people still missing, the Presidential Envoy for a peaceful resolution of the conflict in Donbas Iryna Gerashchenko stated via Facebook.
“Among the 9 liberated indeed are real heroes – Oleksandr Mykhailuk, who was held in captivity ever since the defense of Donetsk airport, and two our military Volodymyr and Dmyto Polishchuk. At first minutes on the territory controlled by the Ukrainian authorities, for guys was waiting hot tea and a lot of journalists. For the first time the operation was attended by representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross, Ukraine a long time struggled to achieve it. The operation was made possible by the joint efforts of the Joint Coordination Center of the Security Service of Ukraine and the Minsk humanitarian subgroup. The President keeps the issue of liberation under the personal control ", - said Gerashchenko.
As it was reported before, Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk on October 27 agreed the exchange of hostages according to which by the end of this week exchange of 10 Ukrainian hostages would be held. Reportedly, the exchange formula changed - from militants' side 9 Ukrainian captives to be released for 11 detained in Ukraine militants.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case