8,5 thousand Russian soldiers located in Donbas, - Anti-terrorist center
Russian forces organize paramilitary groups in Donbas
About 8,5 thousand Russian soldiers are in Donbas, said the Head of Anti-terrorist center at the State Security Service, Vitaliy Malikov, to Dzerkalo tyzhnya. He pointed out, that Russian military enters and exists the area on rotational basis.
The Russian soldiers organize paramilitary groups and troops similar to the Russian army. All military units have curators, almost all of them are Russians. They enter Donbas under fake IDs, become head of units and lead military operations,” – informed Malikov.
Malikov also noted that there is an atmosphere of overall mistrust between Russian officers and field commanders.
“Those, who oppose political leadership of “the republics”, members of illegal armed groups, refuse to be disbanded and become a part of newly created brigades. They tend to desert and oppose “official authorities”, - added the Head of Anti-terrorist center.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars