82 mm mines hit Ukrainian emplacements near Avdiivka
The town in Donetsk region remains the hottest flashpoint in the combat area
The situation in eastern Ukraine somehow calmed down, with 14 attacks on Ukrainian army positions that took place over the day. ATO Press Centre reported this at Facebook.
According to the Ukrainian reconnaissance, the combat activity decreased due to the work of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in the area near Avdiivka. Despite the agreement to cease fire in that area so as to repair the Donetsk filtering station, Russia-backed mercenaries fired 82 mm mortars at Ukrainian emplacements four times.
Ukrainian positions near Butivka coal mine, Opytne, Novhorodske and Shyrokyne (all in Donetsk region) were fired at from RPGs, large caliber machineguns and small arms. Army emplacements near Novotroitske village were shelled from 120 mm mortars.
On Tuesday, the SBU (Ukraine’s Security Service) reported that currently, about six thousand regular troops of the Russian Federation are taking part in the Donbas conflict (Interfax-Ukraine). The total number of illegal armed units in eastern Ukraine makes about 40 thousand people, said SBU representative Olexandr Tkachuk. He added that some 1,600 Russian regular troops have been killed in eastern Ukraine since the beginning of the conflict in April 2014.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas