70 enemy attacks took place last night, - ATO Press Centre
Pro-Russian mercenaries used 82 mm mortars banned by Minsk agreements
For the last 24 hours, Russia-backed militants attacked Ukrainian positions in Donbas 70 times. ATO Press Officer Anton Myronovych said this in the commentary to 112 TV Channel.
“As negotiators of the Minsk Trilateral Contact Group discussed ways to de-escalate tension in eastern Ukraine on January 13, enemy guns kept firing. As of 6 p.m. yesterday, we reported 37 breaches of ceasefire, but by midnight the number grew to 70”, Myronovych said.
The breaches were reported all along the division line in Donbas. The militants used small arms and grenade launchers near Donetsk and Horlivka. Opytne, Pisky, Avdiivka, Novhorodske, Zaitsevo and Mayorsk were attacked, too.
The militants used 82 mm mortars near Opytne and Zaitsevo, Myronovych added.
Previously, Minsk Trilateral Contact Group agreed on the ceasefire that should have been introduced since midnight January 14. However, militants ignore the terms and keep shooting.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars