600 people missing on the uncontrolled territories in Donetsk region
1818 criminal proceedings on the case of disappearances were instituted in Donetsk region
Since the anti-terrorist operation had been launched (April 15, 2014), 1818 criminal proceedings on the case of disappearances were instituted in Donetsk region. "I’d like to note that this year the number is much smaller. Obviously, last year there were more military actions and, respectively, more victims," said the head of Donetsk regional administration Pavlo Zhebrivskyi. From the beginning of the anti-terrorist operation, the military prosecution forces performed 62 criminal proceedings against military violence against civilians. These proceedings recognized 12 women, 59 men and 2 young children as victims.
Today there are more than 600 people missing on the uncontrolled territories in Donetsk region. "This is just a small part, because only several people appeal with the official statements concerning disappearance," noted head of Donetsk regional administration.
As was reported before, the UN Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions Christof Heyns visits Ukraine to assess the level of protection of the right to life in the country following the outbreak of the crisis in early 2014. Yesterday Christof Heyns and Pavlo Zhebrivskyi discussed arbitrary extrajudicial executions committed by Russian-backed militants and Russian regular troops.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case