5 killed and more than 10 injured – “Azov” battalion
Militants carried out 109 attacks in ATO zone
Donetsk region remains the flashpoint of the Donbas conflict area, states the ATO press center.
Pisky, Vodiane, Opytne, Starohnativka, Pervomaisk, Sanzharivka, Avdiivka, Marinka, Leninske were shelled by the militants, who used tanks, 152mm and 122mm artillery, 120mm mortars and other heavy weapons, which should be withdrawed from the boarder. Residential areas face the attacks, and the safety of civilians is threatened by the militants. As witness the locals, Russian tank T-72 stands near one of the Donetsk city hospitals.
In total, 109 ceasefire violations against ATO forces and residential areas were carried out by the Russian-backed militants.
For the late day 5 soldiers were killed and more than ten are believed to be injured, according to the press center of the “Azov” battalion.
According to the latest OSCE report, in Kurdiumivka, Donetsk region, “the Special Monitoring Mission observed 22 craters, and analysed five in fields immediately south of the storage facility, concluding that the direction of fire had been from the south-south-east. The type of weapon used was assessed to be of 122mm, 152mm calibre or possibly 125mm tank rounds. The SMM noted that the impact angle of the projectile was very shallow. In nearby government-controlled Kodema (55km north-east of Donetsk) the SMM examined four fresh craters in fields, and assessed the direction of fire as from the south-south-east”.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels