43 pro-Russian fighters killed in Donbas since beginning of 2016
52 militants were injured during the period
Since the beginning of 2016, 43 Russia-backed militants died in eastern Ukraine and 52 more were injured, Leonid Matyukhin, ATO press center spokesman posted on his Facebook page.
According to Matyukhin, the gunmen are trying to improve their combat skills, attacking Ukrainian soldiers. “Such improvement of combat skills cost lives of 43 gunmen since the beginning of the year. 52 more were injured”, he said.
The situation in the ATO zone recently sharpened – within the last 24 hours, militants fired at Ukrainian positions 69 times, including weapons prohibited by Minsk deal. Ukrainian positions were fired at in the areas of Donetsk and Mariupol.
Matyukhin added that the situation worsened after the head of the Russian side of the Joint Centre for Ceasefire Control and Coordination, Hasan Kaloev, finished his operation in Donetsk.
“It is not news that the abovementioned representatives do not contribute to peace in Donbas, but escalate the tension”, the spokesman said.
According to the representative of the Presidential Administration spokesman Andriy Lysenko, within 24 hours not a single Ukrainian soldier died, two were injured.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars