399 terrorist acts occurred in Donetsk region since Donbas conflict started
140 civilians were killed, 916 injured in the accidents, the regional police department says
The police of Donetsk region reported 399 terrorist acts against civilians have taken place since April 2014, when the Donbas conflict started. The press service of the regional police department stated this on January 13.
According to the report, since the beginning of the armed confrontation between Ukrainian troops and pro-Russia mercenaries in eastern regions of the country, 916 civilians suffered injuries, and 140 of them perished.
The materials of respective criminal proceedings were handed to the SBU, the Security Service of Ukraine. “The police od Donetsk region provides thorough collection of evidence and documentation concerning the crimes, committed by terrorists against civilians”, reads the press service’s message.
Previously, 112 International reported that January 13, residents of Donetsk region honored the memory of the civilians killed in the Volnovakha tragedy.
This day, exactly one year ago, pro-Russia mercenaries attacked a Ukrainian outpost near Volnovakha in Donetsk region. They used Grad, Russian-made multiple missile launch system. One of the missiles hit a passenger bus with 30 people aboard. 12 of them died, the rest received injuries of various degrees of severity.
The Volnovakha tragedy was immediately defined as a terrorist act.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas