36 sapper teams work in Donbas
About 20 thousand mines were defused since the anti-terrorist operation had been lanched
“Every day civil-military cooperation groups are working in the ATO area, studying the problems of Donbas ruined cities and trying to raise funds and volunteers of NGOs to restore the infrastructure. First issue is the restoration of the bridges, repair of schools, sewage systems, electricity, etc. Demining problem at the moment is also one of the most urgent one in the ATO area, because a lot of explosive devices have left on the liberated territories. Currently, 36 sapper brigades are working here; and these are brigades only of the Armed Forces. The demining works are conducted daily. Since ATO began, our sappers destroyed about 20 thousand munitions and cleared about 1 thousand hectares of the territory,” stated Anatoliy Stelmakh, ATO spokesman.
These problems need to be addressed promptly as possible in order Donbas residents could return to their homes and cities with renewed infrastructure. Earlier it was estimated, that demining of Shyrokyne suburbs (Donetsk region) would take ten years.
The overall situation in Donbas remained calm. The hotspot in the ATO area was Mariinka, Donetsk region, says ATO spokesman Andriy Lysenko. No one died during the last 24 hours, and four Ukrainian soldiers were reported to be wounded. Luhanske, Lozove, Novotroitske, and Maiorsk, faced mortar and grenade launchers attacks.
“The fire was unsighted with provocative purposes,” stated Lysenko.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case