3.5 thousand Russian troops participating battle of Ilovaisk, Donetsk region has documental testimony
Security Service states that Russian suspects are already given formal notice of the charges
“This successful durable work, and the presence of 3,500 Russian troops on the territory of Donetsk region near Ilovaisk are proved by documents, factual data, which should be provided to Criminal Procedure Code, namely, testimony, documents, exhibits, and now continues expertise, which will be completed soon; I think, it will also give the results that effectively influence the next stage of pre-trial investigation,” stated the Chief investigator of the SBU Hryhoriy Ostafiychuk.
He also said that suspects are given formal notice of the charges; among them are General Staff of the Russian Federation Mr. Gerasimov and 10 military personnel.
At the same time, Ukraine put them on interstate and international wanted list.
The Battle of Ilovaisk started on 7 August 2014, when the Armed Forces of Ukraine began a series of attempts to capture the city of Ilovaisk from Russia-backed militants of Donetsk People's Republic.
Ukrainian soldiers quickly became encircled by the militants and Russian troops. After long days of encirclement, Ukrainian forces made an agreement with the militants, favored by Russian president Vladimir Putin, to allow them to retreat from the city. This agreement was not honored, and 459 Ukrainian soldiers died whilst trying to escape. According to MP Anatoliy Herashchenko, there were 1000 Ukrainian troops who died as a result of Ilovaisk battle.
Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire 21 October, 08:00
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: 44 attacks in Mariupol sector 19 October, 08:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars