35 militant attacks reported last night, - ATO Press Centre
Armed clashes took place near Mayorsk and Maryinka
Russia-backed attacked Ukrainian emplacements in Donbas 35 times last night, ATO Press Centre posted at Facebook.
“At about 19.00, an illegal armed unit of some 30 men, using the support of 82 mm mortars, attempted to break through our defenses near Mayorsk. During a two-hour-long fight, the attackers took casualties and retreated. At the same time, a group of militants went for another such attempt near Maryinka, the outcome was the same”, the message says.
Militants also fired at Ukrainian positions near Donetsk and Horlivka, using small arms, grenade launchers and heavy machineguns near Luhanske, Troitske, Mayorsk, Zaitsevo, Novhorodske, Maryinka and Opytne. Enemy snipers fired, too. Ukrainian units near Novhorodske were attacked from infantry fighting vehicles and AA guns. “Bandits attacked our positions near Maryinka with the use of 82 mm mortars", the Press Centre reported.
From the midnight till morning December 25, another five armed provocations took place.
“Yesterday, an arms cache was found near Velyki Novosilky village, Donetsk region. The cache belonged to one of the enemy’s sabotage and reconnaissance groups. A dozen of light anti-tank weapons and more than 12 thousand ammo for small arms were found. The most part of the weaponry and ammo is made in Russia after 1991”, reads the message of the ATO Press Centre.
Earlier, December 24, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said Russia-backed militants left Kominternove village that they had captured December 22. The General Staff of the Armed Forces didn’t confirm the information. The mercenaries tried to hide the heavy weaponry that entered the village so that OSCE monitors couldn’t see it and report violations of the ceasefire.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case