34 thousands militants stay in ATO zone
Illegal armed groups have a large number of weapons and military equipment said in Ministry of Defense of Ukraine
The amount of the armed Russian-backed militants in the occupied territories of Donbas is about 34 thousand, according to the Ministry of Defense.
“Illegal armed groups, mostly acting in the first tier of confrontation, transformed into a real army under the watchful Russian leadership, which already exceeds numbers of some European armies,” said Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Petro Mehed.
“They have a large number of weapons and military equipment,” added he.
According to him, military and terrorist component of the conflict remains an essential one, and is estimated by Russia to be the final mean to resolve "the situation in Ukraine."
He highlighted that for an adequate response to military and terrorist threats of hybrid war Ukraine uses Armed Forces and other military units to stabilize the contact line in Donbas and prevent further spread of the conflict.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case