30% of territories of Volnovakha district contaminated with mines - OSCE
The mined areas around the village make impossible for locals to collect firewood
"In government-controlled Volnovakha (53km south-west of Donetsk), the deputy head of the emergency services of Volnovakha district told the SMM that 30 per cent of the district was contaminated with mines and unexploded ordinance," acording to the latest report of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM). The observers expressed particular concern about government-controlled Novotroitske and Mykolaivka (36 and 39km south-west of Donetsk), and Starohnativka and Andriivka (51 and 61km south of Donetsk).
According to the SMM statement, near government-controlled Berezove (31km south-west of Donetsk), eight or nine people had suffered injuries in booby-trap incidents over the last three months.
"In government-controlled Bolotene (21km north-east of Luhansk), a group of local residents (two women and one man in their sixties) voiced their concerns over the area around the village being mined and booby-trapped, making it impossible for them to collect firewood," reports OSCE.
Ukrainian State Emergency Service states that demining of the territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions has essencial priority within the current policy. OSCE, NATO, and the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining gives Ukraine an assistance in this field.
OSCE: SMM observers are limited in movement in Donbas 29 September, 09:47
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars