2894 people were released since the Minsk agreements entered into force
200 people are still held captive by Russian-backed militants
“During the period of Minsk agreement implementation 2894 people were released. Following the Minsk agreements, we negotiate; but at the same time, the president ordered to get people back by any means. No one can deny get back the wounded guys. And literally every day we find our boys,” stated Yuriy Tandit, advisor to the Security Service Chairman, in his latest interview with Insider.
He added that there were some cases when Ukrainians liberated foreigners from Russian-backed militants’ captivity. “Once we managed to release the foreign students kept by Motorola. They were studetns of Luhansk medical university, who were cut off from everything. Students even did not have their credit cards, and they had to eat fruit from the trees,” said Tandit.
Advisor to the Security Service Chairman also stated that near 200 people are still captured.
Arseniy Pavlov, better known as Motorola, is Russian citizen leading the Sparta Battalion, militants fighting the Ukrainian government, in the ongoing Donbas conflict. Previously he was a car cleaner in Russia and it was his main source of income, before he went to Ukraine.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars