The head of the Interior Ministry in Donetsk region Viacheslav Abroskin in his interview to Obozrevatel stated that 272 people were kidnapped in Donetsk region in 2015 and nearly 25% of them are still missing.
“Following the 2014 police recorded about a thousand abductions, missing citizens, including military personnel. To be more precise, from April to December 2014 the police received 946 allegations of evidence of illegal abduction or deprivation of liberty rights. Of this number, we could not find 341 people, 600 victims were found,” mentioned the head of the Interior Ministry in Donetsk region.
“The list of captives includes names of about 240 Ukrainians, but the militants give deliberately underestimated numbers,” states Iryna Herashchenko, President’s envoy for his Peace plan for Eastern Ukraine. She said the gunmen asked for release of those detained even in the area ATO for committing or suspected of committing a serious crime.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire 21 October, 08:00
Donbas: 44 attacks in Mariupol sector 19 October, 08:31
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas