21 injured due to blast, fire at Araz arms factory in Azerbaijan
No fatalities reported in the Tuesday accident that occurred in the town of Shirvan
According to the Azeri Healthcare Ministry, 21 suffered wounds due to the explosion and the subsequent fire at Araz arms factory in Shirvan. All of them were taken to the city hospital; two of them are already discharged as they received the necessary first aid.
The government also reported that there are no fatalities in the accident. Sparkles inside an ammunition stock were reportedly the reason of the explosion and the fire at the factory.
President Ilham Aliyev charged the governmental commission to investigate the accident.
According to APA news agency, the explosion that caused the fire, thundered in the ammunition storage room. The explosions were heard for several hours; clouds of smoke over the factory were clearly visible. The shells were scattered all over the factory’s premises.
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain