16 ceasefire violations took place in eastern Ukraine
Militants do not need peace, otherwise, they will have to answer for the crimes they have committed - ATO spokesperson
Starting from 6 PM yesterday evening until now, the Russian-backed militants continued sporadic unsighted shelling as well as direct attacks against Ukrainian position in Donetsk, Luhansk and Mariupol directions, reports the ATO press center.
The provocative shelling of Armed Forces near Novhorodske, Mariinka, Opytne, Pisky, and Avdiivka was performed with the use of grenade launchers and small arms.
At the same time, Novotoshkivka and Shyrokyne were directly targeted with mortars, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns, and small arms. In general, Russian-backed rebels has violated the ceasefire for 16 times, five of the attacks has been directed against the government positions.
ATO spokesperson Leonid Matyukhin stated that "the militants will strengthen and enhance the activity of their attacks in eastern Ukraine. The rebels do not need peace, otherwise, they will have to answer for the crimes they have committed".
"If the Minsk agreement are fully implemented and the peace comes to the territories, the militants, who frankly behaved like criminals, robbed, plundered, qnd looted the factories, will sooner or later answer for their crimes. This is the main reason [of the ceasefire violation], I believe," highlighted ATO spokesman.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars