156 Ukrainians are held in captivity of militants
Nearly 100 of them are soldiers and battalions' fighters
“According to the updated information from the Security Service, which works in close cooperation our humanitarian subgroup, there are 156 Ukrainians kept in captivity. About 100 of them are our soldiers and volunteer battalions' fighters. 50 of them are civilians; some of them are volunteers, journalists, doctors, etc. We make everything possible to free the hostages,” stated President’s envoy for his Peace plan for Eastern Ukraine Iryna Herashchenko.
During this year, 2905 Ukrainians have been found and released. Approximately half of them belong to Ukrainian security forces, and the other half are civilians. 803 man considered missing.
"I hope that today we, the humanitarian subgroup, will receive confirmation that the international mission will have an access to the occupied territories to search for missing persons and identify those dead," said Herashchenko.
As was reported yesterday, two Ukrainian soldiers were released from the Russian-backed militants’ captivity.
September 5, near the administrative border with Crimea three Ukrainian soldiers were lost. In the area of the disappearance two cars were witnessed; probably, the people from those cars illegally detained the soldiers. The communication with the missing paratroopers is failed.
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case